Online registration is open for the fifth annual Moose Pond Half Marathon and 5K on Saturday, Nov. 5, 2016, at Shawnee Peak. The half marathon is capped at 400 entrants, and online registration closes at midnight on Nov. 2. Half marathon entries will be available on race day only if the cap hasn’t been reached (there’s no cap for the 5K).
- Course: Scenic country loop around Moose Pond in the shadows of Shawnee Peak. The course is rolling terrain on paved roads, starting and ending at Shawnee Peak Ski Area’s Base Lodge. The 5K is out and back on Mountain Rd.
- Beneficiary: Shawnee Peak Adaptive Program
- Medals: All half marathon finishers receive medals.
- Awards: First overall male and female, and first three males and females in following age groups — 18-and-under, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-and-over.
- Other details: Four water stops, display clocks on the course, along with flag people and medical. Restrooms and changing places on site, but no showers. Water and food at finish.
- Entry fee: $45 for half marathon, $20 for 5K until Sept. 1; then $50 for half and $25 for 5K
- Starting time: 10 a.m.
- T-shirts: All who register by Oct. 22
- Packet pickup: 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. on race day at Shawnee Peak Learning Center, next to the Base Lodge (119 Mountain Rd.).